❄️❄️❄️ WINTER IS COMING!! ❄️❄️❄️
(*Is it too late to STILL quote Game of Thrones?)
Winter – The Cold – Jack Frost – Human Freezer Burn…
Are you prepared? And not just for getting to & from work. But are you PREPARED to stop winter from becoming your excuse for falling off (AGAIN) & making the (same) predictable “New Year, New me” resolution to REALLY get fit & FINALLY keep that action going?
Why not prevent the snowy setbacks?
Here Are SEVEN tips to Stay the course & make keep progress through the Cold season.
HOW TO WINTERIZE YOUR WORKOUTS
- Have a PLAN to get there – I know it sounds simple, and IT IS! If you plot your workouts in your schedule, like you would do with ANY important event/meeting, and make your workout impossible to avoid, you won’t avoid it!
- Stay HYDRATED – in the winter we typically let ourselves get dehydrated [as we don’t feel like we are sweating to lose water – look how dry your skin gets…] which leads us to feel sluggish, which makes it easier to want to (& convince ourselves) to skip workouts.
- Ok this isn’t so much a “Tip” as it is a ChinCheck – don’t use: “But Mia it’s dark when I go to work and it’s dark when I come home…” As your excuse!! – Its dark for everyone, and the gym has lights fam. (*even if “the gym” is your living room/basement training space).
- FUEL SMARTER (and more efficiently) – Even if you’re not a meal prep guru, pack a workout snack! If you train right after work, have a pre-workout snack (shake, bar, mini meal) on deck to eat en route to the gym. If you workout before, have a post-workout on hand to eat en route & have a plan for your real meal at work. *HERE are some ideas for pre-/post-workout foods – our bodies use more energy to keep warm in winter than we do in summer, even when sitting around. So adequate fuel ensures no skipped workouts to low energy.
- GEAR UP! Whether you’re an indoor gym buff or a snow bunny, the right winter gear ensures warm (& dry) hands and feet which in turn means happy training. – don’t walk to the gym through snow or cold in your workout shoes. Gloves mean less cracking while holding weights (lotioned hands are a bad pre-sweat plan!)
(*If you plan on keeping your workouts outside, check out some AMAZIN’ winter clothing options HERE)
- Train more Efficiently! – when you plan ahead and train with PURPOSE, you don’t feel like you’re trudging through the workout and it’s easier to mentally prepare, and stay motivated throughout the whole thing!
Whether you’ve made it to the gym, or you’ve decided to stay home: Try this intense HIIT workout!
With body-weight strength work, plyometrics, and some core combos thrown in to give you a challenge and to keep your metabolic fires burning!
- WASH YOUR HANDS!! A lot! Colds / Flu are the worst reason for missing training – not because it’s a bad excuse, but because they are the WORST, and totally preventable (for the majority).
Now let’s #GetOutThere and MAKE AMAZIN’ HAPPEN!!
Need more help? Contact US!